- Thorough, state-of-the-art computer assisted eye health and vision examinations
- Special attention to children
- Diagnosis and co-management of eye diseases like glaucoma and eye infections like conjunctivitis and uveitis
- Pre and post-operative refractive surgery care
- 3 Dimensional Retinal Imaging
- Visual field testing
- Corneal topography
FREQUENCY OF EYE EXAM
We frequently get asked when should I see an Optometrist? Since many ocular diseases have no symptoms until permanent vision damage has occurred, we encourage pro-active visits on the following schedule as recommended by the Canadian Association of Optometry. Our goal is to help you maintain the sharpest vision possible and detect issues early to allow for the best treatment.
Frequency of Eye Examinations – Guideline
All children should have at least one eye exam by age 3.
Infants and toddlers (birth to 24 months)
Infants and toddlers should undergo their first eye examination between the ages of 6 and 9 months.
Preschool children (2 to 5 years)
Preschool children should undergo at least one eye examination between the ages of 2 and 5 years.
School-age children (6 to 19 years)
School children aged 6 to 19 years should undergo an eye examination annually.
Adults (20 to 39 years)
Adults aged 20 to 39 years should undergo an eye examination every 2 to 3 years.
Adults (40 to 64 years)
Adults aged 40 to 64 years should undergo an eye examination every 2 years.
Adults (65 years or older)
Adults aged 65 years or older should undergo an eye examination annually.
* Guidelines are not appropriate for all clinical situations. Source: Canadian Association of Optometrists.
We are so happy that you are coming to visit us. We are Drs. Timmins, Gentles and Lang. You can call us Dr Grant, Dr John or Dr. Todd. We are Optometrists. Do you know what that is? An Optometrist is a Doctor that looks at your eyes!
When you come to visit us, we are going to play some games that help us to keep your eyes healthy. Sometimes we are going to need you to sit very still. Can you show us how still you can sit? Great!
When we look at your eyes, we use a big light like a flashlight. We turn off the lights in our room so our light can work better. Can you show us how you turn off the lights in your room? Perfect!
If you need some help sitting still, or sitting in the dark, you can bring one small toy to hold. We are not going to give you any shots so don't worry. One thing we might do is use some drops. They feel a little like when you open your eyes under water in the swimming pool.
Some kids who come to visit us get to wear my special mask. We'll show you when you get there. The game we play is to find the letters that are too small.
We are looking forward to seeing you!
WE HAVE A WIDE SELECTION OF FRAMES AND SUNGLASSES
EYEWEAR AND LENSES
- Dress eyewear for every budget
- Over 1,000 quality frames and sunwear to choose from including: Adidas, Prada, Nano Kids, BMW, Coach, Gucci, Michael Kors, Dolce & Gabbana, Versace, Jimmy Choo, Spy, Silhouette, Nike, Maui Jim, Rayban and many more.
- Savings on multiple-pair purchases
- CSA industrial safety eyewear, and Occupational Vision Plan (Eyesafe)
- Sports goggles
- Low vision magnifiers and electronic magnification aids
Certified Optometric Assistants to provide you with the best eyewear fit and comfort to meet your lifestyle at Northern Vision Care clinics, your optometrist will recommend the best contact lenses for your lifestyle.
At Northern Vision Care clinics, your optometrist will recommend the best contact lenses for your lifestyle.
- Lenses which provide optimum eye health
- Accurate vision at all distance
- Longer, more comfortable wearing time
- Effective sterilization of contacts
- No harsh or toxic chemicals
- Cost effectiveness
How Much Do Contact Lenses Cost?
Many of our patients are surprised to find that our contact lens prices are extremely competitive with other providers including online sites.
We believe that the combination of comprehensive, professional eye health and technical services, and the finest quality of materials our office provides, gives our patients unsurpassed care and assurance at this most reasonable cost.